Tuesday, October 25, 2011

..REFLECTIONS..


If You were to compare yourself to an object, What would it be?


What would I be? Well, I could be a tree because I am supported by my roots and never forget my background. I could also be a sign for a crossroad because I never know what direction my life is taking me.
Nevertheless, the object I find myself very similar to is a clock. I like to compare myself to a clock. Yes, a clock, an inanimate object, and I an exuberant person.
You might be thinking, what is there to compare? Well, like the clock my life keeps ticking, ticking, ticking and moving forward with no winding back.
My life keeps moving in circles like the way time passes, and comes back to the same place to start a new day. Like the clock, I have different faces, and would like to look at my past, wish I could pause moments in my present, and am anxious to fast forward to my future. With all this said, neither a human nor a clock can go back, pause, or move ahead, for all is in God’s hands.
I am like the clock. My past is filled with memories, I am living my present, and await my future. It is the choices I make that will determine the path life will take me. Like a clock, I will keep ticking, remembering the past, living the moments of the present, and oblivions to the future until my battery dies.


No comments:

Post a Comment